I like to discover new recipes from different parts of the world. This time I would like to travel to Africa! I am not familir with African Food, but it’s worth trying 🙂
I found this chicken yassa’s recipes from www.cuisine-french.com, it seems like this recette is quite famous in Africa. The ingredients are so simple yet the taste is so good. You should try it too!
Here we go …
2 boneless chicken breasts *
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 4 table sp of savora **
- Salt, peppers, nutmeg
- 1 chicken broth
- cooking oil
How to cook:
- Cut the chicken into small pieces
- Mix the chicken with the half of the onions, half of the garlic, chicken broth, 2 table sp of savora, salt, peppers and nutmeg. Let it to marinate for 30 minutes
- Put the marinated chicken in a pan than cook in an oven for 30 min (200 – 220 celcius degree)
- Cook the rest of the onion and garlic with the cooking oil, do not let it become brownish.
- Add 2 spoon of savora and the chicken, mix well.
- Cook for about 15 minutes in a lower heat.
- It’s ready 🙂
* orginially the recipe use a whole chicken (remember to adjust the ingredients)
** originally the recipes use mustard but both me and RV are not fans of mustard, we prefer savora.
Served with steam rice and pan fried vegetable
Serving for 2 people