Martabak Panggang is originally named Martabak Telor. I took the original recipe of martabak telor from Sitha’s blog then I modified the preparation by baking instead of frying. Not only to avoid high cholesterol (look who’s talking 😛 ) but also to discover a new taste.
Martabak Telor is one of the famous Indonesian appetizers. You can find Martabak Telor’s stall everywhere in Jakarta’s streets. The best Martabak Telor is on Minangkabau Street in South of Jakarta. I love Martabak Telor. I think it is the best appetizer ever!
Here is the recipe!
- 6 eggs
- 350 gr of grounded beef
- 1 leek (chopped the white part only)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 table sp of curry powder
- 100 ml of coconut milk
- 1 tea sp of salt
- 1/2 tea sp of pepper
- 2 table sp of cooking oil
- 1 paket of Filo Pastry
How to cook:
- Fried the onion until smooth then add the grounded beef, salt and pepper.
- After it is well cooked add the curry powder. Stir them well for 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped leek and stir it well for 1 minute then add the coconut milk.
- When the coconut milk is boiled, add the eggs.
- Cook them until it is well cooked.
- Cut Filo Pastry into 4 parts.
- Take 3 layers of the pastry than add 2 table spoon of the curry mixture on it.
- Wrap the mixture with the pastry.
- Do it until you are run out of mixture.
- Baked the wrapped mixture in an oven (220 celcius degree) for 20 – 30 minutes.
Serve while warm
Serving for 6 – 8 persons (18 pieces)