My first experience eating Paella was in Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia. In Seminyak we can find all different kind of restourant with different specialty from all over the world. That night, RV took me to a spanish restourant where I had my paella and sangria. Wow, it was so good, both paella and sangria. Since then I always wanted to prepare paella. Thanks to Femina where I found a paella recipe. Now I can prepare my own very yummy paella.
It is so easy to prepare, easier than I ever thought myself.
Here is the recipe!
- 2 table sp of olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 200 gr mixed seafood (unfrozen)*
- 100 gr mixed vegetable**
- 1 big tomate (sliced)
- 50 gr red paprika (chopped)
- 1 tea sp of curcuma powder
- 1 cube of chicken broth
- 1,5 tea sp of salt
- 1 tea sp of pepper
- 150 gr rice
- 200 ml of water
How to cook:
- Fried onion until it smells good. Add mixed seafood, mixed vegetable, paprika and tomate. Stir well and cook until the seafood is ready.
- Add water, chicken broth, salt, pepper and curcuma powder. Stir well. Close the pan, cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the rice. Stir once in a while until all the water absorbed into the rice. Check if the rice is smooth enought. If not you can add more water. It will be depend on the type of the rice you have.
* originally there is also chicken. you can add some chicken as you wish.
** you can use a ready frozen or canned mix vegetable but me, I like it fresh 😀 .
Served while warm.
Serving for 4 people.