I love vegetable. It is healty and yet yummy. In french there are not so many kind of cuisine with vegetable like in Asia, specially Indonesia. I don’t like French soup, because all are blended. I don’t feel like I eat something😀. Brokoli Gratin is one of vegetable recipe that I like so much. I find this recipe at www.cuisine-french.com. It is easy to prepare and so smooth. I believe if you have difficulties serving vegetable for your children, you should try this recipe. They will love it!!
Voila the recipe!
- 1 kg brokoli
- 30 gr butter
- 30 gr flour
- 40 ml milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 50 gr grated Swiss cheese
- 50 gr grated parmesan
How to cook:
- Cut the brokoli in medium flowerets.
- Cook the brokoli for 15 minutes in salted boiling water. When finished, drain.
- Heat the butter and add flour slowly while continously stiring them.
- Add milk little by little until you obtain a thick and homogeneous sauce. Add salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Off the heat, add the egg yolks one by one. Add the grated Swiss cheese and parmesan (save a little bit to be sprikled)
- Place a coating sauce in a buttered gratiné dish
- Add the brokoli, then cover them with the sauce.
- Sprinkle a little of mixed cheeses.
- Bake in a prehated oven (200 degree) for about 20 minutes to obtain an even gratin.
Served while hot. Serving for 3 – 4 people.
Best served with grilled sausage!