I like quiche so much! I enjoy the sensation of it melting in my mouth .. yummy yummy. I never thought that cooking quiche is so easy (only if you buy the ready pasta, of course). There are some kind of quiche and like many other food in French most of them use pork or when it’s without pork it will be veggie quiche. Emil give me a recipe of quiche lorraine but it uses pork. I look for an alternative which I can use seafood. I am so happy that I can finde Cajun Quiche recipe at Ladies Home Journal.
Here is the recipes!
- Pie shells (ready made for 28 cm pan)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 can of crab meat (6 ons)
- 1/2 can of shrimp (3 ons)
- 1 bunch of green onion (chopped)
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 2 1/2 tea sp of paprika (or as you like)
- 1 tea sp of salt
- 1 tea sp of ground garlic
- 1/2 tea sp of peppers
- 1/2 tea sp of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tea sp of dried oregano
- 1/2 tea sp of dried thym
- 1/2 tea sp of dried basilic
- 1/2 tea sp of celery seed
How to cook:
- Heat oven to 200 degree about 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, combine eggs, cheese, green onion, heavy cream and seasoning in a large bowl until well blended
- Fold in crab meat and shrimp
- cover pan with bread paper before you put in the pie shell
- prick bottoms of the pie shell with fork
- Fill in the pie shell and cook for 60 minutes.
Voila, it’s easy, non!
servings for 6 people.