Here is my fave french vegetable cuisine. It was not so easy to find vegetable cuisine that both of us like (RV does not like so much vegetable), while I do not know so much french vegetable recipe. Thanks God, I bought Periplus French Recipe book in Jakarta before departing to French. And I think you should try this recipe to accompany your beef steak!
Voici la recette!
- 1 eggplant (slice thin)
- 1 zucchini (slice thin)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic (chopped)
- 1 tea sp of pepper
- 1 tea sp of sugar
- 1 table sp of framboise vinegar*
- 2 tomate (peel of the skin & dicard the seed, then chooped)
- 1/4 cup of dry white wine
- 1/4 parmesan (grated)
How to cook:
- wash chopped eggplant & zucchini, pour some salt, add some water and leave them for 30 minutes (to prefrent bitterness). Take out the water then rinse.
- fried onion until it has golden color, add garlic, eggplant, zucchini until they have golden color (to use less oil, you can grill the eggplant and zucchini separetly , then you can add them in the same time of adding tomatoes ).
- Add tomato, sugar, vinegar and white wine. Cook in a closed wok for 30 minutes. (Stir once in a while)
- Pour grated parmesan before serving
Serving for 2 people, served while warm.
Served as side dish of beef steak.
*originally red wine vinegar