I got this recipe from my sister, Artis. It’s not like she loves cooking and created her own recipe. She simply sent me a file where I can find hundreds of recipes. They are traditional recipes from Indonesia, my origin. She knows I love cooking and to the fact that I am away from my home country, she sent it to me which I appreciate so much.
Voila! here is the recipe.
- 1 Turkey leg*
- 1 sp of cooking oil
- 2 sp of salty soy bean sauce
- 1 sp of sweet soy bean sauce
- 1 sp of oyster sauce
- 2 tea sp of grated ginger
- 1/2 tea sp of sesame oil**
- 3 sp of honey
- 1/2 tea sp of powder pepper
How to cook
- Sauce: mix all sauce’s ingredients
- smear the turkey with the sauce
- marinate it for one hour
- smear the dish with cooking oil. Put in the turkey including all the sauce
- Grilled for 1 hours***
- Serve while warm
Serving: for 2 people
- I find french fries is a good match for turkey grilled with honey but you can also have steam rice. I think steam rice is the best match but only if I can have sambal goreng terasi (red: special spicy sauce from Indonesia) which is not easy to find the ingredients here
* Originally the recipe is for one whole chicken. Since there are only turkey available in the fridge at that time and only 2 people eating so I only use 1 turkey leg. Quite representative!
** I don’t have ang ciu and red small onion and don’t how to get them here yet, so I skip both.
*** Follow the instruction from your griller, for mine they suggest me to put in the second position with 140 degree heat.