Sometimes we find some almost-dead bread in the corner of our kitchen. Don’t throw it away! Wasting food is a crime! Let’s make something delicious out of it .. yes of course it is possible!
Just follow the instructions below 😉
- 200 gr of almost-dead bread
- 80 gr of raisin
- 50 cl of milk
- 75 gr of butter
- 100 gr of sugar
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- 3 eggs
How to prepare:
- Soak the raising in a bowl of water for 15 to 30 minutes. Meantime heat the milk and melt the butter in it . Cut the bread into small cubes
- Beat the eggs together with the vanilla and the sugar. Then add the raisin (don’t forget to drain it first) and the milk. Mix them well.
- Put the dough in a baked pan then cook it in the preheated oven of 160°C for 45 minutes
It has been a while since my last post. I was back to school and here I am ready to post new recipes. The first recipe is 3 cheeses’ sauce Spaetzle.
Spaetzle or Spatzle is germany’s fresh pasta. I like it so much because it is so delicious and easy to prepare. Not like italian pasta which I find so complicated and make my kitchen looks like a battle field .. you know what I mean 😛
To prepare some spaetzle you need a spaetzle maker. I could not find it in my town, so I bought it directlyin Munich when I had the chance to pass by.
In the same time I visited a germany friend who kindly prepared us , me and my hubby, the famous spaetzle. So delicious … and of course she passed me the recipe.
So let us prepare the spaetzle with original recipe from Germany!
- 250 gr of flour*
- 2 eggs
- 100 ml of water
- 50 ml of milk
- 1/2 tea spoon of salt
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 table sp of oil
- 3 differents raped cheese (100 gr of each)
How to prepare:
- Put the flour and the sel in the salad bowl. Make a well in the middle and put the eggs. Mix the well while adding the water little by little. in the end add the milk. Meantime boil salty water. when it boils you’re ready to form the spaetzle.
- Put the dough in the spaetzle maker above the boiling water. the ough will fall down into the boiling water. Don’t forget to move the spaetzle maker to the right and to the left so it will cut the dough. When the spaetzle rise to the urface of the boiling water means your spatzle is cooked. Drain it with a help of a sieve.
- Fry the chopped onion, set a side. With the rest of the oil fry the spaetzle for 5 minutes then add the 3 cheeses. Mix them well.
- Serve it immediately by adding the fried onion on the top of each plate.
- gut schmeckenden 🙂
It has been so long since the last time I enjoyed Tongseng Kambing. So last week I decided to prepare it just the way I like it 🙂
You should try it! it is so delicious yet so easy to prepare. If you don’t like the coconut milk you can eliminate it from the recipe, as simple as that.
Here we go!
- 500 gr of lamb meat (sliced into thin and small pieces)*
- 4 cloves of garlics (sliced)
- 4 cloves of big shallot (sliced)
- 5 table sp of sweet soya souce
- 4 red hot peppers / chillies (choped)**
- 2 tomatoes (sliced)
- 250 gr of cabbages (choped)
- 250 ml of coconut milk (optional)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 table sp of cooking oil
- salt and pepper
How to cook:
- Cook the garlic and shallot with the pre-heated cooking oil for 3 minutes.
- Add the sliced lamb meat. When it change its color, add sweet soya souce, salt and peppers. Mix them well.
- After 2 minutes add the coconut milk (or just water if you don’t like it). When it boils add the rest of the ingredients then cover the pan. Stir once in a while. Cook them until the cabbages become smooth.
Yummy !! jezz like I like it 🙂
Serving for 4 persons. Served while warm with steamed rice.
* replaceable by beef
**add the chillies according to your preference.
Raspberry, blueberry, blackberry , redcurrent and blackcurrent are rich of antioxydant . It is important to keep our body healthy. Many people believe that it is also good to help decreasing high cholesterol level and to have a beautiful skin.
I love these fruits , so yummy yet so good for the health. Since summer will arrive so soon, I want to stock up my fave ice cream . Not any kind of ice cream, but a low fat and low cholesterol ice cream!
I found this Berry Ice cream recipe on www.Ptitchef.com . It is so easy to prepare yet so delicious.
Here is the recipe in english. I did not modify the recipe, it is already perfect 😉
- 150 gr of mixed berry fruits *
- 200 ml of low fat sour cream
- 150 ml of low fat milk
- 70 gr of sugar
How to prepare:
Crush 120 gr of mixed berry fruits with the sugar and milk in a blender. Then add the sour cream and the rest of the fruits. Mix them well.
Pour it in your ice cream machine until it is ready.
For 2 people**.
You can serve it with orange compote (blended stewed orange).
* I used frozen mixed berry fruits
** I doubled the recipe and I had about 1 litre of ice cream.
I love ice creams. Since I have to be careful of my cholesterol level , I need to limit my ice creams’s consumtion. But who can resist the ice cream !? 😉
Commercial ice cream use a lot of yolks which has a very high cholesterol level. That is why it is not good for me, so i decided to make my own ice cream. Not only it is low cholesterol but I can choose my fave fruits and ingredients. I found this recipe in the internet where I modified with my personal touch.
This is the first ice cream that I tried. Banana is the fave fruit of RV . I would like to show him that making our own ice cream is as good as his fave ice cream’s brands.
- 3 ripes bananas
- 250 ml low fat milk
- 100 ml sour cream
- 75 gr sugar
- 2 tea sp of rhum *
- one tablette of black chocolat.
- 1 table sp of chocolate powder.
How to cook:
- Cut the bananas into small pieces. Put it in a salade bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the black chocolate. Mix them well.
- Prepare your ice cream maker then put the dough in the ice cream maker bowl. While processing the ice cream you can add the tablette of black chocolat (crushed into small pieces)
- Pour on some chocolate powder when you serve it.
So easy yet so delicious …. !!
Posted in chocolate, dessert, home_cooking, ice cream, low_cholesterol, recipe
Tagged chocolat, dessert, diet recipe, fruit dessert, low cholesterol, low cholesterol recipe
Being in low cholesterol diet doesn’t mean we can not enjoy a good dessert . Here is a recipe of a very delicious diet Chocolate Mousse and It is good also for those who have high low cholesterol level ( source l’liternaute cuisine ).
No yolks , no butters … yet still as delicious as it can be 🙂
Let’s try it …
– 150 gr of 68% (min) chocolate.
– 3 white of eggs
– 40 gr of low fat milk
– 1 table spoon of sugar
– 2 table spoon of Kahlua*
How to cook:
– cut the chocolat into small pieces, add the milk and melt them ( microwave or au bain marie )
– Add the Kahlua into The Chocolat.
– Beat The white of eggs then add the sugar. Continue until The egg is firm.
– Add 1/3 of The white of egg into The Melted chocolat. Mix them well rapidement.
– take a half of The reste of The egg into the dough and mix them delicately . Repeat it for The rest of The egg.
– Put The chocolat mousse into a bowl or small glasses then cover It with plastique.
– Keep it in the refrigerator min 4 hours before serving.
Enjoy your dessert!
So delicious yet so healthy 🙂
* you can replace the Kahlua with any other flavor (rhum , extract of coffee or vanille)
In 1999, in response to decades of studies, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) gave food manufacturers the right to label foods high in soy protein as beneficial to heart health. There have also been studies suggesting that soy may play a role in the reduction of diseases such as osteoporosis, prostate cancer and colon cancer. If that’s not enough, whole soy foods are good sources of protein, fiber, B-vitamins, and omega-3 fatty acids. And contrary to the widespread belief that all plant-based proteins are incomplete, soybeans are a complete protein. This means that foods made from soy are a great alternative to meat and dairy foods.
But in order for soy to be beneficial to your health, you have to eat it regularly in an appropriate amount and as part of your overall balanced and healthy diet.
Don’t be frightened about experimenting with this little legume. The many forms of soy are simple and delicious, and the options are plentiful.
So let’s experimenting how delicous the soya can be. This is an Indonesien recipe ( ayam tahu bumbu tauco ) where normally we use lots of oil. In order to respect the low cholesterol diet, I modified the way of preparing the tofu and the chicken. Normally they are fried but this time I cooked them in microwave to avoid the excessive use of oil.
- 3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 3 green chillis peppers* (sliced into 1 cm ring)
- 1 green onion (sliced)
- 1/2 of green tomato
- 250 gr of firmed tofu
- 1 boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 4 table sp of Salted Soybeans
- 1 table soup of soy sauce
- 1/4 tea sp of peppers
- 1/4 tea sp of salt
- 1 tea sp of sugar
- 250 ml of water
- 2 table sp of sunflower oil (low in saturated fats and trans fats)
How to prepare
- Cook the tofu and the chicken in the microwave. Then cut the tofu into 1 cm cubes and the chicken into 1 cm long. Set a side.
- Heat two table spoons of sunflower oil then fried the onions and garlics until they have golden colour. Then add the green chillipepper* until they are tender. Add the green onion and the salted soybean sauce. Stir them well for 2 minutes then put the chicken in. Stir well for another 2 minutes.
Fry all the ingredients
- Add the water until it boils then add the tofu. Stir them carefully while lowering the heat. Add some salt, pepper and soya sauce. Let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- It’s ready in less then 20 minutes :-).
Serve while warm and best served with steamed white rice.
So yummy yet so healthy …
* change the green chilli pepper with some green paprika if you do not like spicy food.