One day RV came home with a bag of spinach. He said it would be good for me to eat some spinach as I complained to him that we have not eaten enough vegetable. I do not know so many recipe of spinach.
My mother always cook spinach as a soup and I believe RV would not appreciate it. So I tried to look for the recipes through internet. Eh Voila, I found Le Journal des femmes website where there are lots of recipes of spinach. Unbelieveable, there are so many ways of cooking spinach there!
Of course I would like to try most of the recipes, but I have to be reasonable that I did not have all the ingredients. Finally I choose this recipe and I combined it with another recipe. The result is so fantastic! … yummy.
Here is the recipe
- 125 gr rice
- 250 gr fresh spinach
- 1/2 of chicken broth
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 1 tea sp of origano
- 30 gr butter
- 2 table sp of olive oil
- 400 ml of water
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine (optional)
- 1/2 tea sp of pepper
- 2 slices of goat’s cheese (replaceable by parmesan cheese)
How to cook:
- Boil the spinach in a covered pan for two minutes. Dry it and press the water with your hand then slice.
- Heat the oil, add the butter then the onion. When the onion is smoot, add the rice. Mix them well.
- Lower the heat and pour the wine, stir well and let the rice absorb the wine.
- Pour in the water and the chicken broth. Stir once in a while until the rice is cooked well.
- Add the spinach, garlic, peppers and the cheese. Mix them well.
- Check if the rice is smooth enough. If not, you can add some water.
- Eh Voila, it’s ready!
Served while warm.
Serving for 2 people.
Best serve with Sunny Side Up.